Thursday, 19 December 2013
Wednesday, 20 November 2013
Why Business Video Animations? Our Top Ten reasons
Business Video Animation Point 1
Easy communication - use an animation to present technical concepts
Business Video Animation Point 2
Time efficient - present an overview of your company in 90 seconds
Business Video Animation Point 3
Quick qualification - by prospects in seconds
Business Video Animation Point 4
Less boring! An interesting method of presentation
Business Video Animation Point 5
Expand sales potential.
Business Video Animation Point 6
Export potential - easier to comprehend abroad
Business Video Animation Point 7
Rapid training - keep staff updated
Business Video Animation Point 8
Product launches - easier, faster and cheaper than printed material
Business Video Animation Point 9
Resource efficient - get information across quickly
Business Video Animation Point 10
Beat the competition! with clarity and speed.
Wednesday, 6 November 2013
Business Video Animations - How to Showcase your Service
Business video animation is a popular media for demonstrating a new product or service. At SUTV, we work with many clients who are about to launch a new product or service, and want to commission an animation to explain the concept on their website and create some buzz.
We've learned a few things from the experience and have compiled some business video animation Top Tips for showcasing your service.
Business Video Animation Tip 1
Ensure any photographs you use are high resolution. If you have commissioned a high quality animation, then you need high quality images to ensure the look of the video is consistently high. Otherwise, your service will be shown in a bad light. If you only have sketchy graphics, then consider getting a photoshop specialist to improve the images for you. We recommend using Fiverr to source one.
Business Video Animation Tip 2
If you have a software product, then consider using screenshots of your service, as seen from the user's point of view. Make sure that the screenshot is running in time to the narration. You can speed up or slow down the screenshot by using a good video editing software service like Sony Vegas
Business Video Animation Tip 3
Include a Call to Action slide at the end of the video. This is really important. It's easy to get carried away showing off the awesomeness of your new service, so come back down to earth at the end by telling new users how they can access the service (e.g. download from an App store, or directly from your website).
Business Video Animation Tip 4
Target one specific usergroup and then script the video accordingly. Many people make their videos too technical - a bad idea if you are going for a non-technical audience. You might want to pass the video by a marketing expert before the final release.
SUTV specialises in creating video animations for the small business market, with prices starting from just £225. You can order a bespoke animation for your company in just five minutes using the SUTV Studio.
Friday, 18 October 2013
Business Video Animations - How to strike the right balance between Formality and Informality
Many people still associate "Animation" with childrens' television. As business owners, they may be put off from using video animations to promote their company, assuming a business video animation will make them look childish and unprofessional.
This is an especially big issue for business service providers like accountants and legal service providers.
Reputation and trust can take years to establish, with the result that they may opt for more tried-and-tested marketing methods like branded office stationery.
But such conservatism can come back to bite you, as your rivals start to flourish by using the new marketing methods to gain new business at your expense.
That's why we work especially hard to ensure our clients have the option of a middle-ground when it comes to their business video animations. Business Video Animations can range from the wacky, heavily experimental and in-your-face, to the dry, slow and heavily informative, and it's important you have a clear idea of where on the spectrum you would like to be.
Here are our tips for striking the right balance between Formality and Informality in your business video animations
- Take a different perspective. Look at your business from an interesting angle to tell an engaging story. Like metaphysical poets of the seventeenth-century, you could dramatise the seemingly insignificant - like the number of cups of coffee drunk per week by your staff - to tell a larger story about your company. Here's an example.
- Choose a professional voiceover artist. This really is a no-brainer - if you want to look professional, then get in the professionals.
- Use humour strategically. If you want to avoid as coming across as too informal, then we suggest you keep the humour to the beginning and the ending of the video animation.
- Balance the major aspects of the video off against one another. So if you are using a really childish cartoon style, use a formal voiceover artist. Or if you are using a very formal animation style, use a more casual voiceover artist.
- Formal Ending. We always recommend having a clear, simple professional Call To Action (CTA) - avoid being overly creative, and just keep to the facts (your contact details).
Wednesday, 16 October 2013
Business Video Animations - New Ways to develop video content for your site
Business video animations offer many benefits to small businesses. A picture is worth a thousand words so you can convey a lot of information, very quickly, to your target market through a well produced business video animation.
This means more and more people are looking to replace the text on their website with video content. One of our clients wanted to clean up their website's FAQ section, and have a video for each FAQ. We produced eight FAQ videos for them, which they then embedded into their website. They also uploaded them to YouTube, which is a major search engine in its own right.
When producing a FAQ video animation, you should avoid simply repeating the text answer response in the video. You can convey a lot of written information visually. So instead ensure the video animation is visually engaging. Also, make sure the pace is not too fast - put yourself in the shoes of someone who knows next to nothing about your product/service.
Here's one of the FAQ animations we produced for the client:
You can order your own FAQ business video animations direct from our SUTV Studio. Our price start from just £225.
Monday, 7 October 2013
Business Video Animation - New Ways to Promote your company Number 1
Business video animation is taking off across the board. Corporates led the way, but now small businesses are quickly catching up as internet content moves from text to video.
At SUTV, we are always on the look out for doing new things with business video animation. With the digital revolution, there are lots of opportunities to innovate and promote your company in new ways. As so much business is still done locally, we wanted to explore ways of using digital media to raise a company's profile in its local environment.
For the last year we've been producing a series of monthly "What's On" video animations for the town of Hertford, in the UK. Every month we put together a video animation detailing exciting upcoming events in the town. The animation then gets retweeted by local people, digitally spreading the word and helping promote the town's civic culture and identity.
Each month's animation is sponsored by a local business. For October, our sponsor was a local book-keeping service, Angels & Ledgers.
Wednesday, 18 September 2013
Business Video Animation - Which Video Hosting Service should you use?
Business Video Animations can be a great investment for a small company. At SUTV, once we have completed a business video animation for a client, we often get asked to recommend a video hosting service. At SUTV we like to be as fair as possible, so here is our assessment of some of the most popular video hosting solutions for your newly created business video animation.
- Business Video Animation Hosting Tip 1: YouTube is by far the most popular hosting service for business video animations. The Upload feature is straightforward, the Analytics are quite detailed, and most importantly, it is free. However, there is one major drawback - Advertisements. YouTube has a lot of them. However, if you are embedding your business video animation from YouTube to your own site, then these shouldn't appear.
- Business Video Animation Hosting Tip 2: Vimeo offers a competitively-priced Business video hosting service, which comes in at about £150 per year. You are not allowed to upload commercial business video on the free version of Vimeo. Vimeo offers an excellent Analytics feature, as well as easy to use Upload. You can also customise the video player to your heart's content. Vimeo also looks cool and if you've invested in a series of business video animations, then it's certainly worth investing in the Business video package.
- Business Video Animation Hosting Tip 3: If you are planning on deploying a small number of business video animations on your website, then Wistia is definitely worth a look. Wistia offers a series of payment packages, dependent on how many videos you upload and how much bandwidth you use. Currently, they offer a free option, under which you can upload 3 videos, upto 5GB, with a Wistia branded video player.
Monday, 16 September 2013
Business Video Animation - Using Animation to Crowdfund your Startup
At SUTV, we get lots of enquiries from budding entrepreneurs asking us to produce a business video animation for their Crowdfunding application. We've produced lots of animations now and helped a number of startups hit their fundraising targets.
Crowdfunding is becoming an increasingly popular way to raise investment for a startup business. Many young people in particular cannot access traditional forms of bank finance for their startups. In the UK, there are a number of well-established Crowdfunding platforms, including Crowdcube and Seedrs, all of which recommend fleshing out your Pitch with a well produced video pitch. It's an exciting industry which could play a major part in restoring the UK economy back to good health.
There are a number of things to bear in mind when producing a video animation for a Crowdfunding site.
- Before investing in a video, check that your startup idea meets the Crowdfunding platform's specific requirements. You may need to submit your idea first, and then wait for the Crowdfunding platform to give your application the green light.
- Use the recommended Pitch format for the specific Crowdfunding platform. Each platform has its own requirements and recommendations.
- Spend a lot of time on your Script. This is the backbone of any video, more so for a video pitch.
- When producing your video, put yourselves in the position of the investor. They are often very busy with limited time to view all the video pitches, let alone read all the business plans. The video should be concise, informative but also say something about you as an entrepreneur - don't be afraid to add humour in the right places.
- Good Product Shots / Screenshots. If you already have a prototype up and running, whether a physical product or screenshots of your new technology, make sure they are high quality. There's nothing worse than watching a well produced video with inferior product shots, it shows your startup in a bad light.
- First person or Third person? This is a common question - how should you narrate your pitch? There's no set-rules here, other than consistency: if you choose to use the first-person, then stick to it throughout the narration.
- Music? We generally recommended people add background music to their video pitch. It helps give a professional edge to the video and can give the video narrative momentum.
- Professional Voiceover. Unless you are an experienced and confident voiceover artist, get a professional voiceover. You will waste lots of time trying to record your voiceover, and it won't come across as professional.
- Under 3 minutes. Again put yourself in the shoes of the investors. If you're video is over 3 minutes they are unlikely to click on it in the first place.
Obviously there are a lot of points here to consider. You could of course save yourself a lot of time and order a business video producer to create your video for you. You can order your Pitch Animation in under 10 minutes using the SUTV Studio, our prices start from £225. We love working with exciting startups and you can check out more of our work on our Facebook page.
Wednesday, 11 September 2013
Business Video Animation - how to Optimise
Business Video Animation is a great investment for any small business. But there's no point investing unless you get Quality Views. To optimise your video, you need to share it. By getting Quality Video Views, you can build your brand and generate new leads, and thereby maximise the return on your business video animation investment.
Start by uploading the business video animation onto your own website or blog. Not only will this make your site more engaging, but it could improve your ranking on search engines – at no cost, that’s surely a no-brainer.
The next stage involves sharing your business vdeo animation on social networks. Social media is opening up new opportunities to optimise video with minimal or no expense. But which social networks should you choose?
- Business Video Animation Tip.We recommend you start by uploading your video onto YouTube. YouTube is hugely popular and people are increasingly using it as a search engine in its own right. So potential clients could discover your company simply through a search on YouTube.
- Business Video Animation Tip. Twitter is a great social network for optimising business video animation. You can embed your video into your company Twitter feed simply by pasting the YouTube URL into the text box. Your video may then get retweeted by your followers and shared across the twittersphere.
Most social networks now have a video upload facility, and we recommend you upload your video to any social networks which you are currently members of.
Finally, don’t forget the value of your existing business network. Optimise your business video animation by sharing it through your company communications, such as attaching it to emails and uploading it to company newsletters.
Business Video Animation - A New Way to order using the SUTV Studio
Business Video Animation is a booming industry with plenty of innovation. At SUTV, we wanted to contribute to the wave of creativity, and make ordering a business animation easier than ever before.
That's why we've developed the SUTV Studio. In the past, to order a business animation, you would have to go to a video animation service website, and wait for them to get back to you with a quote. But with the SUTV Studio, you can order the animation there and then, in under 10 minutes. You know exactly how much you are paying, too.
The SUTV Studio recently won the Best Innovation Award at the Federation of Small Business Awards, Hertfordshire.
Watch the video to see how the service works. You can order online now using the SUTV Studio.